When responding to the requests for support that we receive from our residents, we sometimes face situations that fall outside our remit.

Here is a list of instances where we need to signpost residents to other organisations. Some might appear obvious, but we are including the full list for completeness:

  • If it is an emergency, please advise the resident to contact emergency services at 999 immediately
  • If it is a mental health emergency, please advise them to call 0800 0516171 immediately
  • If the resident needs medical help or advice, but it's not a life-threatening situation, please advise them to call 111
  • If it is a police matter, but it’s not an emergency, please advise them to call 101
  • If the resident has issues related to financial hardship, please ask them to call the Citizens Advice Bureau at 01325 266888.
  • If the resident requires food, please ask them to contact King's Church Foodbank at 01325 469884 (and to select option 2).  If the resident is not eligible to receive King's Church Foodbank's parcels, please signpost them to The Bread & Butter Thing charity and explain how to sign up using these instructions:
  • If the resident is trying to find the right health and care services they need, please ask them to call Healthwatch Darlington's free information and signposting service at 01325 380145 or 07525 237723
  • If it is a business that is looking for support, please ask them to call the Tees Valley Business Support Line at 01642 662777

If a volunteer requires assistance or has questions, they could contact their Area/Ward Champion if they know who they are. Alternatively, they could email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Darlington Support CIO (Charity Number: 1190934) | Terms | Team